The votes on the best of Kimberley business are in and in the hands of Toni Lepore, CGA, who will announce the final results.
Kimberley Chamber members will hear those results next Saturday, October 26 at the business awards gala at the Conference Centre.
However, the finalists in each category have been announced. They are:
1. Retail Business of the Year – B&B Glass, The Back Door, The Great Canadian Dollar Store, Flowers Galore, Kootenay Mountain Works
2. Professional Services Excellence – Bear’s Eatery, Cherry Creek Properties, Creekside Physiotherapy, David Bellm, Re/Max Caldwell Agencies, Rockies Law, Wallinger Day Spa
3. Business of the Year – Bear’s Eatery, Creekside Physiotherapy, Kootenay Automotive Equipment, Pedal & Tap, Sullivan Pub
4. Youth Friendly Business – Bear’s Eatery, Centex, Grubstake Pizza, Overwaitea, Snowdrift Cafe
5. Creative Professional Excellence – Denai Bell/Ginjer Jar, Flowers Galore, Go Kimberley, Story & Co.
6. Community Booster – B&B Glass, Grubstake Pizza, Kimberley Arts Council, MADD
7. Tradesperson – Contractor – Alpine Plumbing & Heating, ET Woodwork, Kitt Fine Homes, Meadowbrook Motors, Tyee Log Homes
8. Food and Beverage Industry – Bear’s Eatery, Buddha Belly Deli, Grubstake Pizza, Pedal & Tap
9. Employee of the Year – Janet Johansen, Libby Westergard, Simonne Desautels. Tamara Duggan
10. Environmental Stewardship – Green Earth Recycling, Kimberley Riverside Campground, MADD, Root For Me, Sprout Grocery, Togs N Toys, Wildsight
11. Entrepreneur of the Year – Bear’s Eatery, Creekside Physiotherapy, Green Door, Meadowbrook Motors, Velvet & Ginjer
12. Tourism Excellence – Bear’s Eatery, Kimberley Arts Council, Kimberley Rafting Co., L&K Taxi, RCR
13. Home Business of the Year – Creative Type BC (Jay Toner), Kootenay Automotive Equipment, Krevan Photography, Krista Smith (Hairdresser), Moody Bee, Scentsy by Katryna Sigurdson
Tickets for the awards gala are now on sale and are available at the Chamber office, Burrito Grill, Creekside Physiotherapy, and Bear’s Eatery. Tickets are $55.00 and include a prime rib buffet. The guest speaker is Dr. Tom Ristimaki, a graduate of Selkirk Secondary School and great speaker with relevant insight for our community during times of businesses transition and success.
For more information or to reserve your tickets, call Mike at 250-427-3666 or email email@example.com