Courtesy Chris Zettel
Cranbrook fire and emergency services received a 911 call just before 6 p.m. Saturday, November 8 for a structure fire on 13th Street South.
The Cranbrook fire department responded with seven fire ighters and two fire apparatus with in minutes. A total of 12 firefighters worked at the scene. With the quick response fire crews were able to extinguish the fire quickly and contain it to the kitchen area.
There were no injuries to fire fighters or the residents who were home at the time.
The family pet (a cat) was resuscitated back to life by firefighters and returned to the family thanks to the 02 fur life pet oxygen kit that was donated in 2013 by the “one of the family” pet care center.
Cranbrook fire and emergency services would like to remind residents not the leave the stove unattended while cooking and to ensure that you have a working smoke detector on each floor of your home.