It has been five years since the Kimberley Alpine Resort committed to its Summit Fund in Kimberley and in that time, KAR gifted community groups and projects with $100,000.
This month KAR announced the continuation of that fund and committed another $100,000 over four years to support community causes.
“We’re pleased to be re-launching our Summit Fund this winter,” sad KAR Area Manager Ted Funston. “Over the last number of years RCR and Kimberley Alpine Resort has donated more than $100,000 to local organizations through this fund. The fund supports the local community by providing cash grants to local causes and initiatives. And its mandate is to enhance the community by supporting local projects that create positive opportunities and outcomes for its citizens, especially youth.”
The fund has donated cash and in-kind services to more than 120 organizations and projects. Those include:
• Arts on the Edge (Kimberley Arts Council / Centre 64 Society) (3 year commitment)
• Bootleg Sled Dog Race Society
• First Nations Snowboard Team
• Health Arts Society, Kootenay Chapter
• Kimberley Curling Club
• Kimberley Seahorse Swim Club Society
• Kimberley Men’s Baseball Club
• Kimberley Summer Theatre Society
• Kimberley Gymnastics Society
• Kimberley Nordic Club
• Kimberley Rotary Club
• Play and Learn Programs (Columbia Basin Alliance for Literacy / Kimberley Community Literacy)
• Round the Mountain Event
• Selkirk Secondary School, Scholarship & Athletic Programs
• Senior Dynamiters Wall of Fame
• The Kimberley Nature Park
• The Kimberley Spray Park
Anyone can apply and applications are accepted all year long. You can download an application at www.skikimberley.com/summitfund.
The Summit Fund Committee accepts applications all year long and meets about every two months to consider them. In selecting applications, the committee considers whether the project directly relates to the mandate of the fund, whether the project is local or provides direct local benefit, and if the project has measurable outcomes.