General Election Day:
Saturday, November 15, 2014 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Advance Voting and General Voting will take place at:
Centennial Centre, 100 – 4th Avenue, Kimberley, BC
Wednesday, November 5, 2014 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday, November 12, 2014 from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
For admitted patients or facility tenants only of:
- East Kootenay Regional Hospital
- Garden View Village
- Kimberley Special Care Home
- Lions Manor
- Valleyview Lodge
Friday November 14, 2014 at various times (ask the facility administrator for information regarding times).
An elector who wishes to vote by mail ballot must meet the requirements to register as an elector under the Local Government Act and attest to the fact that they either:
- have a physical disability, illness or injury that affects their ability to vote at another voting opportunity; or
- expects to be absent from the City on general voting day and at the times of all advance voting opportunities.
To partake in mail voting, please fill out a request for a mail order ballot(link is external)from the Chief Election Officer as early as possible, but before 1 p.m. on November 12, 2014 by submitting the following information:
(1) Full name,
(2) Residential address,
(3) Address of the property in relation to which you are voting (for non-resident property electors),
(4) Method of delivery of your mail ballot package:
(a) pick up at City of Kimberley City Hall, OR
(b) regular letter mail through Canada Post to residential address, OR
(c) regular letter mail through Canada Post to an alternate address that you provide when requesting the ballot package,
(5) If you are not on the list of electors, to ensure you receive the correct registration application form in your package, you must indicate whether you are going to be registering as a resident or non-resident property elector.
Mail ballot packages will be sent out commencing on or about October 27, 2014, once the ballots are ready. All mail ballot package shall be sent by Canada Post regular prepaid letter mail, unless an elector requesting the mail ballot package makes arrangements for hand delivery and pick-up or for expedited courier service, at the expense of the elector.
Mail ballots must be returned to the Chief Election Officer no later than closing time on General Voting Day (November 15th at 8 p.m.)Please note that this is a Saturday, so if returning the day of General Voting Day, please send courier or hand deliver to Centennial Hall, 100 – 4thAvenue, Kimberley, BC, Attention: Chief Election Officer.
Mr. Kelly Harms
Chief Election Officer
340 Spokane Street
Kimberley, BC V1A 2E8