Edna was born on the family farm in northern Saskatchewan. She later attended Wadsworth Beauty School in Regina then worked in Moose Jaw as a hairdresser. Most of her life however, was spent in Kimberley BC where she and her husband Rube raised their four children. In later years she moved to Victoria to be closer to her children and we are so glad she did.
Thoughts we received from those who knew her describe Edna perfectly:
• She was such a sweet lady, she always watched out for her extended family of Lois Creek kids.
• I will always remember her in your kitchen and the wonderful smells that would meet us at the door, she was a sweetie.
• She was an amazing woman, never complained, never judged and was so proud of her children!
• Edna was such a kind, loving person, her quiet presence will be missed.
• Edna was quiet, modest, creative and oh so very funny and clever in her way! She got things done, and I admire that.
Forever in our hearts and greatly missed by her children: Gary (Lori) Reid, Blaine (Jean) Reid; Pamela (Gary) Swift; and her two grandchildren who always made her eyes light up: Jesse Reid and Carli Swift.
Edna was predeceased by her husband Rube Reid and son Barry Reid; her sisters Nora Grieves and Phyllis Bertrand; and parents Edward and Ruth Uttley.