Kimberley was one community chosen in the Kootenays to host a 5 Peaks event. It will take place on the Lois Creek Trails on Saturday, June 7th.
5 Peaks puts on events across Canada to introduce people to trail running and to promote healthy exercise. This is the first year for the Kootenay event.
One of Kimberley’s best trail networks, the Lois Creek trails feature a good mix of single track and double track in beginner and intermediate terrain. Organizers from 5 Peaks found Lois creek to be one of the nicest running trails they’re have come across and is in close proximity to the city of Kimberley.
Events focus on achievable distances for new runners or experienced runners who are new to trail running. They are seen as feeder events to the longer events like Round the Mountain and aim to get new trail runners hooked on the sport.
Event times and entry fees are as follows:
• 7am Packet pickup for all events at the Legion Track
• 8:30 am — start of the 3 km kids timed event – entry fee $15.75
• 8:45am — start of the children’s challenge -1 km entry is free
• 9:15 am — start of the Sport event – 5km – entry fee is $47.25
• 9:15 am — start of the Enduro event -11km – entry fee is $47.25
• 9:20 am — Post race food and beverage in the race compound at Legion Track
• 11:00am — (approximately) Awards ceremony.
Parking is available at Centennial Hall.
Start and finish is at the Legion Track. Take the trail from the Morrison Sub corner at the bottom of the townsite Hill.
Spectators are welcome but no- no’s for participants include dogs, headphones, strollers and baby joggers.
Register online before midnight on Thursday, June 5th, at 5Peaks.com
For more information contact Nina Andermaat at 427-5495 or Don Davies at 427-3966.
5Peaks will be making a donation of $500 to the Friends of Lois Creek for trail enhancement.